The Rules of Conduct are in addition to the Shrewsbury Town Fisheries Fishery Rules and it is a Condition that all Members for Oxon Pool (Specialist) read, understand and abide by these Rules. Any Member in breach of any of these Rules will be asked to leave the Fishery and the Membership will be withdrawn with the loss of membership fees.
You may make an appeal in writing to the Management of Shrewsbury Town Fisheries within 7 days where a decision will be made, should this situation arise.
Oxon Pool (Specialist) Rules of Conduct
1. Carp fishing is for 24 hour sessions. Anglers may access their fishing platform at 12.00 lunch time and leave by 11.00am the following day or the final day of fishing. A single day or first day of your session booked becomes 23 hours to allow for time to get on and off your fishing platform by the times stated. You may book up to a total of 3 days per month and they can be either a one, two or 3 day session. The monthly day allocation may increase when we determine how the booking calender settles or we have added extra fishing platforms in the future.
2. A maximum of two rods fishing may be used.
3. We will allow a non fishing wife or partner to stay over night with a member. A junior may accompany a member with prior arrangement by emailing the request to firstname.lastname@example.org The member is totally reponsible for any junior and that they must stay on the same fishing platform.
4. No dogs are allowed.
5. Anyone wishing to view the Pool may do so by prior arrangement with a member of staff. Contact via the Contacts Page.
6. Only Fishing Bivvies and Brollies are permited. We do not allow tents or gazebos.
7. You may only fish the platform you have booked.
8. There is plenty of room for fishing. Please respect fellow Anglers and cast within your swims boundaries, even if at the time the next Platform is vacant. Do not cast all over the pool.
9. No fishing close to snags at night time.
10. All Carp Anglers must use a minimum of a 42”Landing net, appropriate cushioned unhooking mats,weigh slings. THESE MUST BE TOTALLY DRY PRIOR TO FISHING.
11. No fish sacks or retaining slings are allowed. Leave fish in landing nets prior to taking photos to rest. Do not leave fish in nets for long periods. Return them as soon as possible.
12. ALL members must carry and use Carp care kit. This is compulsary.
13. Fish must be returned using the weigh sling or unhooking mat and not in your arms.
14. No standing with fish whilst taking photographs.
15. Minimum line strength 15lb. No braided main line.
16. No Nuts allowed even in particle feed.
17. No Plastic baits are to be used.
18. Only freezer boilies permitted. No shelf life boilies allowed. Pop ups and wafters are fine.
19. Leads must not be fixed, they must be safe and able to eject.
20. Leadcore leaders are banned.
21. No bait boats can be used.
1. Coarse fishing is for daylight hours only. You may book up to a total of 3 individual days fishing in a calender month. The day allocation may increase when we determine how the booking calender settles or we have added further fishing platforms in the future.
2. We will allow a non fishing wife or partner to accompany a member. A junior may accompany a member with prior arrangement by emailing the request to email@example.com The member is totally reponsible for any junior and that they must stay on the same fishing platform.
3. One rod is to be used fishing. Other rods may be set up for use but must not be in the water.
4. No Keepnets or fish retaining slings . All nets must be completely dry prior to fishing.
5. No plastic baits may be used.
6. Leads and all feeders must be free running and not fixed.
7. Strictly no lures, spinning or jig fishing.
8. Pike fishing is dead bait only.
9. No braided main lines. Maximum breaking strain of line must be 10lb or less.
10. Fishing is within the boundaries of your fishing platform. You may cast to a maximum of halfway of the pool. Care must be taken as to not interfere with other anglers on the pool. Do not cast all over the Pool.
General to Carp and Coarse Fishing
1. If you think you are doing something wrong then you probably are, do not do it here.
2. You will be given a combination lock number to allow you access to the car parks. Do not give this number to anyone else. The access gates to the car parks are the only access. Please do not climb over the gates or fences.
3. Please close and lock the gates to the car parks at all times. Park sensibly. You must not park on any of the lane lay-bys or residential properties.
4. Do not shout across the pool and if using radios, please keep the volume down.
5. Strictly NO LITTER. Take all litter home including, waste bait, tackle, cigarette ends etc. If you see any litter pick it up.
6. No Alcohol or drugs.
7. Adequate toileting must be brought with you and not left at the Pool.
8. No Fires.
9. Strictly no swimming, wading in the Pool.
10. All the woodland, vegetation, plants around the Pool and its contents, including the fish, are protected under a conservation order. They must not be removed under any circumstances. Anyone, with the exception to Authorised Consent by Shrewsbury Town Fisheries Management, found contravening the Conservation Order will be liable to hefty fines (up to £20,000) in addition to current theft law fines.